Twitter has been around for seven years and it’s getting hard to imagine life without it.
Since Twitter launched on March 21, 2006, users have sent 170 billion tweets, and the company has grown to more than 900 employees. That’s according to an infographic from Dashburst that illustrates the current state of the 140-character social network.
Here are a few highlights from the graphic:
- Twitter has 200 million monthly active users.
- Eighty percent of Twitter users access the social network on a mobile device.
- More than 60 percent (63 percent) of brands have multiple Twitter accounts.
- With 33 million followers, YouTube is the most-followed brand on Twitter.
- A 24-hour promoted trend costs $200,000.
Plus, did you know that Vine has 40 million users, and five Vine videos are tweeted per second?
Take a look at the full graphic for more: