Eighty-three percent of companies say creating a social media strategy is a major marketing concern, an infographic from Maximize Your Social reports.
To help marketers and social media managers begin creating strategies, the infographic lists 11 components every social media strategy must have.
Here are a few of them, along with some interesting statistics. Is your social media strategy up to par?
1. Social listening: Seventy-one percent of customers who complain on Twitter don’t receive responses from brands.
2. Content curation: More than 80 percent (85 percent) of marketers believe content curation establishes thought leadership.
3. A crisis plan: Almost 80 percent (76 percent) of social media crises could be averted or lessened if organizations planned ahead.
4. Brand ambassadors: Ninety-two percent of people trust recommendations from their friends and family more than marketing messages.
5. A brand voice: Almost 84 percent of employees say having a CEO who is active on social media increases brand loyalty among customers.
Take a look at the infographic for more components every social media strategy should have: