Does your CEO care about your company’s social media reputation?
It might seem like a silly question (of course he cares, right?), but according to an infographic from Zeno Group, a whopping one-third of CEOs fail to consider their companies’ social media reputations when they make business decisions. Only 28 percent of CEOs regularly consider it.
Overall, B2C companies do a better job of considering and responding to reputation crises than their B2B counterparts.
When it comes to B2C companies:
- Seventy percent of CEOs frequently consider social media reputation.
- More than 60 percent (63 percent) of B2C executives believe their firms could respond to a negative post within 24 hours.
As far as B2B companies:
- Fifty-seven percent of CEOs frequently consider social media reputation.
- Only 43 percent of B2B executives believe their firms could respond to a negative post within 24 hours.
- They are twice as likely to not engage an online audience at all to defend their reputation.
To see where more CEOs stand on social media reputation, take a look at the full graphic: