Forty-two percent of all Tumblr posts are photos.
Photos and videos on Pinterest refer more traffic to brand websites than Twitter, StumbleUpon, LinkedIn and Google+.
As these stats from a new M Booth infographic show, visual storytelling is one of the most powerful ways brands can engage customers online.
Not convinced your brand should begin churning out more images than text updates? See how visuals fare on some of the major social networks:
- People share videos 12 times more than links and text posts combined.
- People “like” photos two times more than text updates.
- Photos and videos drive the most engagement on Facebook’s top 10 brand pages.
- Users share 700 YouTube videos on Twitter each minute.
- 100 million users take a social action on videos every week.
- Facebook reach 100 million users in four years, but Instagram is on pace to beat it.
Want more proof of the power of images and video? Take a look at the rest of the graphic: