1. Your baby is born in the hospital and the nurse asks, “What’s the baby’s handle?”
2. The sign on the restaurant door says: “No shirt, no shoes, no gadgets, no service.”
3. The new name for Hide and Seek is “Foursquare.”
4. The phrase “He’s all thumbs” is considered a huge compliment for a fast texter.
5. Every house with kids proudly displays their avatars—not their school pictures—on the mantel.
6. No one talks anymore. We IM.
7. When someone says “Smile for the picture,” you immediately think 🙂
8. Your 6-year-old adoringly pleads at bedtime, “Please tell me that story again about ‘The Three Wise Men: Chris Brogan, Tom Peters, and Seth Godin.’ ”
9. Gadgets like the iPad have gone the way of eight-track tapes.
10. Kids laugh at their parents when they describe how Tweetdeck worked.
11. On special occasions, Grandma shares her story, “When I was your age and had to Tweet from my BlackBerry, we paid $12 to see the Avatar movie in 3D and got these silly glasses …”
12. When you go through the security check at airports, everyone beeps. We’re all wired and chipped. TSA who?
13. The bumper stickers that say “Honk If You Love Country Music” have been replaced with “Tweet If You Love Blip.fm” – and no one ever gets a ticket.
14. Scrabble now has pieces with .ly and http://
15. Phone books and libraries are obsolete. There’s one book that matters: The Book of Links.
16. No one discusses the difference between bloggers and journalists, because the last newspaper went to “Newspaper Heaven.”
17. Baby bibs that used to say “Spit Happens” now read “Spam Happens, IMHO.”
18. Mashable tops the newest version of the Seven Wonders of the World.