This role will direct Unum Group’s social media channels while executing external communications campaigns to support the company’s business objectives. This leader will develop and implement social media strategies to promote Unum and its brands, including Colonial Life; monitor and defend the company’s reputation online; post engaging multi-media content across Unum’s social channels; and inspire key audiences by delivering the right message, at the right time, in the right way online.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the editorial direction across multiple social channels and be responsible for each channel’s ongoing strategy, voice, and growth
- Create and execute the cross-channel social media strategy to promote Unum’s brand awareness; products and solutions; ESG, CSR and I&D activities; and amplify the employee-value proposition
- Leverage cutting-edge tools and tactics to generate creative and effective ideas, while also adapting style, tone, and voice to various campaigns
- Collaborate across Corporate Communications and Marketing to identify priorities, generate content and drive success.
- Form close partnerships with our Creative services team to build multi-media graphics and animations that are engaging and informative
- Provide social media counsel to business and functional partners and senior leaders
- Explore new and emerging social networks to reach target audiences and measure the return
- Direct and grow the company’s social-media brand ambassador program
- Develop an influencer/contributor strategy to increase our presence in the industry and raise brand awareness
- Interpret analytics to create reports and actionable insights on social media performance
- Support the Communications Agile Team managing crisis social media and incident responses
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or related field with desire for continuous learning
- 8+ years of direct experience managing social media channels with strong understanding of each outlet and best practices optimizing content
- 5+ years of leading organic social campaigns to build active social communities with project management skills to complete projects within budget
- Strategic thinker with the ability to prioritize and synthesize data; use analytics to understand how digital communication can advance message alignment to various audiences and stakeholders
- Knowledge in publishing and community best practices growing a brand’s page followers, engagement, and reach; deep understanding of existing and emerging social media platforms and digital marketing trends
- Strong collaboration working across editorial teams with ability to lead creative direction for social media assets and content for external use
- Proficient in social media software: Sprinklr, Cision, Google Analytics
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Helping the working world thrive throughout life’s moments™
We help millions of people gain affordable access to disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental and vision benefits through the workplace — benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.