One of the best parts of holidays is finding the perfect gift for each person on your list.
Seeing the look on their faces as they open a present they’ve been hoping for—or didn’t even know they wanted—is priceless.
Though finding that perfect gift can be difficult, I would argue that locating the ideal gift for an office party or secret Santa exchange is significantly harder. For one thing, there is typically a price limit. Additionally, the gift must please someone you probably don’t know well, and, if it’s a white elephant gift, it has to be funny.
Working within these parameters isn’t easy, but some people have a harder time than others, a poll by CooperKatz, a New York-based PR and communications agency, reveals. The poll asked participants to share the weirdest holiday gifts they’ve received.
Here are the top 20:
- Book about using playing cards to predict the future
- Broken ornament
- Expired canned food
- Farting Santa
- Handmade quilted chicken
- Lampshade made of egg cartons
- Live fish
- Live lizard
- Lump of coal
- Meat injector
- Miniature bottle of $0.99 vanilla body spray
- Music CD of a co-worker
- Old backpack stuffed with old shoes
- Foot-long pencil
- Pet picture frame (for someone with no pets)
- Piece of cake that was already being eaten at the party
- Pocket knife from a boss
- Rain stick
- Shoe box with a pingpong ball inside
- White elephant, literally
What’s the strangest gift you’ve seen at an office gift swap? Pleas share in the comments!