How do you know if you’re a social media expert?
Unlike Google AdWords, there isn’t any certification for social media. There’s not a test to take that’ll tell you how good you are. There’s a low barrier to entry. Create a free account and voila! You’re on social media.
With that in mind, here are the top 10 reasons to know you’re a social media expert:
1. You have more than six social profiles: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Flickr, Foursquare.
2. You subscribe to Mashable. Bonus points if you’ve written a blog post about Mashable.
3. You have a blog. Bonus points if the blog has “social” in the title.
4. You’ve checked-in to a business via Foursquare, Facebook, and Google+.
5. You know your Klout score by heart.
6. You’ve posted on Facebook while eating dinner, waiting in line, or in a meeting.
7. You begged, borrowed, and stole to get a Google+ account.
8. You are the administrator to more than three Facebook Pages.
9. You know what #FF and #MT mean. Bonus points if you’ve made up a hashtag and used it #sarcastically.
Let us know what else you’d include. Have you noticed anything you do that is a telltale sign of social media addiction, er, expertise? What else would you add?
Chad Wiebesick is the social media & interactive marketing director at PWB Marketing Communications in Ann Arbor, Mich., a B2B agency specializing in integrating digital technologies with traditional media. A version of this story first appeared on the PWB blog.