We’re moving ever cautiously into the “new normal,” or what Edelman more aptly dubbed the “next normal.” Communicators stepped up big to keep the stay-at-home workforce connected.
You’re communicating in time of great change for myriad reasons and the need for effective and creative communications has never been more essential. How will you help shape the new reality your organization faces? How will you continue to expand your growing influence across the organization and prove your value to your leaders?
In this new download, Ragan Consulting Group came up with 50 ways to get you started. It covers all aspects of your job by providing five tips in 10 categories, including strategic, leadership, manager, visual, video and crisis communications. For example:
- Strategic communications: COVID-19, social injustice and the “next normal” are all things you didn’t plan for. Relying on the tenets of good strategic comms planning will help you and your organization get through these challenges—and the next ones.
- Diversity, equity & inclusion: Develop a plan for what matters most: making connections, listening, empathy and compassion.
- Manager communication: It’s a hard time to be a people leader. Employees are stressed and fearful. It’s hard to get through to people when they are feeling overwhelmed. Prepare your managers for difficult conversations and more effective ways to connect with a far-flung workforce.
- Storytelling: Effective reporting and human-interest stories create a bond with employees, customer and communities. More than ever, your audiences are craving connection, understanding and validation. Chronicle the tumultuous, devastating and inspiring times we’re living through.
- Measurement: “Nice-to-know” data really doesn’t exist anymore. You need clearly defined goals for your comms efforts and a defined plan for measuring your progress.
Download your “50 Ways” guide now.