Communicators have emerged from the fires of 2020 with newfound levels of internal respect, validation and appreciation.
Now, it’s time to solidify that seat at the decision-making table.
ContactMonkey’s “Report: Global State of Internal Communications 2021” highlights key trends shaping internal communications in 2021. Major findings include:
- Employee experience, remote work, future of work, and diversity & inclusion are the leading trends of 2021.
- Increasing employee satisfaction is the top goal for the majority internal communicators.
- Effective culture change, reduced attrition, and improved productivity are major drivers of internal communication strategy.
The report also highlights big concerns communicators should monitor in 2021 and beyond:
- 68% of internal communicators struggle with low employee responsiveness and feedback.
- Measurement persists as a pressing challenge for 83% of internal communicators.
- More than 50% of companies do not have a long-term internal communications strategy, and 42% do not work with a fixed budget.
- A lack of human interaction was the biggest challenge when it came to shifting to remote work, though just 65% organizations already have an action plan in place for returning to work.
2021 will undoubtedly be a pivotal year for communicators, as organizations adapt to shifting COVID-19 guidelines and shape plans to sustain workplace engagement. Are you prepared to do your part?
Download ContactMonkey’s free report today to make sure your game plan is on point and in line with crucial trends.