Using content recommendation tools is a great way to improve your site metrics, including overall page views, visit duration and bounce rate.
The right content recommendation tool will keep more people on your site and for longer, which can help you raise your overall search rankings and attract even more visitors.
There are dozens of content recommendation tools you can use. Here are 10 to consider for your site:
1. In-tag. This innovative content discovery tool from CodeFuel relies on user intent signals to recommend the right content for each visitor. The algorithm positions content automatically so that it will be seen by the right customers at the right time. It works a little differently from other content recommendation tools, automatically putting the content on the page, rather than showing a list of recommended pages.
2. Biz Sugar. This enables users to share content in an online community. The site focuses on topics relevant to small-business owners and managers. Each recommended article is rated by the community, which can provide greater visibility for sites that produce high-quality content.
3. NewsCred. This larger platform helps you manage multiple aspects of your content marketing, including content recommendation. The software enables you to publish and monitor your content, giving you insights to help you get better results. At the same time, it helps you manage content recommendations to get more people to stay on your site longer.
4. Klout. This 10-year-old platform not only suggests fresh content to your users, but also creates content aimed to strike a chord with friends, fans and followers alike. It caters to the specialist, the enthusiast and the entrepreneur and even offers a tracking system that delivers a social media influence score.
5. Curata CCS. Most often thought of as a content-curation tool, it can also be used for content recommendation. Of course, you’ll have to find the content yourself and share it manually, but you can find great material thanks to the large network. You can also use the tool to get greater brand recognition by sharing your own content.
6. Add This. This offers personalized content recommendations intended to boost on-site engagement by using a variety of simple tools referencing what’s trending, popular and relevant.
7. limk. This related content widget helps you discover and recommend useful content. The widget is enabled for mobile, as well, and it can help you expand your audience.
8. Matched Content from Google. Last year, Google introduced Matched Content for AdSense, which recommends contextual content. You just add the code to your site like you would an AdSense unit, and Google does the rest.
9. Yahoo Recommends. Yahoo’s content recommendation tool links to its ad program and aims to help recirculate older content so you can get more hits and maybe even go viral. Though if you go viral on Yahoo, does that mean it’s real?
10. Optimalya. This marketplace brings together numerous recommendation tools in one location. You can choose one tool or a variety of tools to get the best results for your site. You can also read what others have to say about the tools so you know that you are getting the best option for your particular site and your particular goals.
Content recommendation is a great way to enhance your site by increasing your visitors, your page views and your visit times. You can improve your search rankings for long-term results, and you can increase the revenue you get from ads, depending on how you use the tools.
Roee Ganot is an expert in SEO, analytics, social media and conversion optimization. His professional portfolio includes hands-on experience in performance-based marketing for global brands, with expertise in the technological, software, digital and online marketing industries, with proven results in improving traffic, conversions and revenues. A version of this article first appeared on CodeFuel.