Not sure what you should measure this year? Here are dozen recommendations of things that should and shouldn’t be included in your measurement plan.
6 things companies should measure but probably don’t:
- The ROI of email holiday cards and calendars.
- The difference in impact between mobile and non-mobile social media.
- The relative value of corporate social responsibility, intellectual property, and relationships.
- The real cost and benefit of a viral video.
- The value of a long-term social relationship versus a Facebook “like.”
- The value of a social relationship versus direct mail, email, billboards, etc.
6 things companies measure but probably shouldn’t:
- The return on investment of your network.
- The dollar value of a Facebook fan.
- The dollar value of a tweet.
- Advertising value equivalency.
- The accuracy of plastic rulers.
- The radioactivity of dirt on a fashion model.