A friend recently said, “We will always remember the summer of 2016 as the summer of Pokémon Go.”
I don’t know whether Pokémon Go will be the defining event of everyone’s summer, but it has been quite a phenomenon.
Though most people are talking about the best gyms to take over or where to find a Pikachu, organizations should start discussing the ways Pokémon Go can benefit them, an infographic from Slant Marketing says.
Consider these stats:
- Eighty-two percent of players have visited a business while playing Pokémon Go.
- Fifty-one percent of players have visited a business for the first time because of the game.
- Seventy-one percent of players have visited a business because there were gyms or Pokéstops nearby.
- Sixty-eight percent of players have visited a business because there were lures (an in-app feature that helps players catch Pokémon) at the location.
- Forty-eight percent of players who have visited a business with lures say they spent at least 30 minutes there.
What can you do to capture more business and engage customers? Here are a couple of ideas:
1. Drop lures. Pay 99 cents for a 30-minute lure, which can help attract customers during times when business is slow.
2. Use social media. Post about Pokémon that are near your location.
3. Run Pokémon-related promotions. Consider giving coupons to customers who catch Pokémon at your location, or give discounts to members of certain teams.
There are more ideas in the infographic below. Take a look: