At the beginning of a new year, people like to talk about the all the changes the coming 12 months will bring.
However, the world doesn’t suddenly transform as soon as the clock strikes midnight. Trends take time to develop, and some concepts remain true from year to year.
An infographic from Adobe and Edelman reveals the best ways to engage your customers through content marketing. Some advice is tried and true, but other exhortations, including “design for multiple screens,” are gaining momentum as we begin the year.
Here’s a preview of some of the infographic’s tips. On which would you like to focus in 2016?
1. Design for multiple screens.
- Five out of six consumers (83 percent) use more than one device.
- Nearly two-thirds (65 percent) of consumers say that when they’re viewing content the way a page is displayed is most important to them.
2. Have fun.
- Seventy percent of consumers say humor makes organizations more relatable, but only 14 percent say company-created content is entertaining.
3. Don’t push consumers for information.
- Three-quarters of consumers will share at least one piece of personal information to improve an organization’s content.
- Of those not comfortable sharing information, 40 percent say organizations could do something to ease their concerns.
Take a look at the full infographic below: