People process visuals 600,000 times faster than text.
Website visitors typically read only 20 percent of the text on a page.
People retain 80 percent of what they see and only 20 percent of what they read.
If you aren’t incorporating visual content into your organization’s communications strategy, these statistics from an Ethos3 infographic may be enough to persuade you otherwise.
Here are a few compelling facts:
- Social media users are 40 percent more likely to share visual content than other types of content.
- Ninety percent of online shoppers said they find videos helpful when making purchase decisions.
- It’s 50 times easier to get a video to rank on the first page of Google than other content types.
- Infographics can improve website traffic by 12 percent.
- Ninety percent of the information your brain receives is visual.
- More than 60 percent (65 percent) of people are visual learners.
[FREE GUIDE: 3 helpful tips for your crisis comms prep]
But there are still more reasons why visual content is important. Check them out in the graphic below: