One-third of CEOs don't consider social media reputation when making business decisions
This doesn't bode well for all you social media managers out there. Here's what you need to know.
Does your CEO care about your company's social media reputation?
It might seem like a silly question (of course he cares, right?), but according to an infographic from Zeno Group, a whopping one-third of CEOs fail to consider their companies' social media reputations when they make business decisions. Only 28 percent of CEOs regularly consider it.
Overall, B2C companies do a better job of considering and responding to reputation crises than their B2B counterparts.
When it comes to B2C companies:
- Seventy percent of CEOs frequently consider social media reputation.
- More than 60 percent (63 percent) of B2C executives believe their firms could respond to a negative post within 24 hours.
As far as B2B companies:
- Fifty-seven percent of CEOs frequently consider social media reputation.
- Only 43 percent of B2B executives believe their firms could respond to a negative post within 24 hours.
- They are twice as likely to not engage an online audience at all to defend their reputation.
To see where more CEOs stand on social media reputation, take a look at the full graphic:
(View a larger image.