As COVID-19 swept the globe, Aflac U.S. mobilized resources to purposefully contribute to the care and safety of its main stakeholders: employees, policyholders, distribution partners and communities.
Once workplace safety measures were put into place, the communications team went into action to prepare programs that thoughtfully communicated the company’s crisis response.
Aflac’s commitment to helping others stems from a founding culture of compassion, authenticity and transparency. Using that philosophy, Aflac deployed a proactive top-tier media campaign to raise awareness of its philanthropic efforts and inspire its communities including:
- “Fox & Friends” interviewed Dan Amos regarding his family’s $1M donation to a local hospital.
- CNN covered Aflac’s $5M donation for frontline workers in a piece about businesses aiding the health care industry.
- Teresa White discussed Aflac’s COVID-19 response with Bloomberg and spoke with Forbes about maintaining company culture in a crisis.
As a result of the efforts of the communications team:
- Aflac published 400+ internal and external communications pieces related to COVID-19.
- Newsweek honored Aflac as one of “50 American Companies Who Stepped Up During the Pandemic.”
- Aflac reached 462.2M impressions plus 9,691 shares on social media.
Learn more about Ragan Awards here.